Teen Pregnancies

Argue about anything under the sun, or over it or in it...

Teen Pregnancies

Postby curly-cherry » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:49 pm

ok basically...i saw an advertisment saying "ARE YOU A TEEN MUM AGED FROM 13-19 THEN COME ALONG TO YOUR NEAREST PLAY GROUP FOR YOUR KIDS"
i thought to myself well firstly they shouldnt be pregnant at 13-15 or in my opinion 16 so why are they trying to make it normal and make it seem ok?? any ideas?
curly-cherry
Beginner

Re: Teen Pregnancies

Postby C'mon » Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:09 am

I agree that those ages are too young to have kids. Let's hope that it's a support group of sorts and maybe even something to be certain that the little ones are being properly cared for. One thing a young Mum would need (I would think) is support. It may even help them be able to finish/further their education and/or work. To me, in those respects, it seems like a good idea.
C'mon
Beginner

Postby Johngo4 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:29 am

I once saw a pregnant girl, she looked about 13 or 14ish, with a beer in one hand, and a cigarette in the other. Girls should get at least some education as to what being pregnant actually means, and why it really isn't a good idea to smoke or a drink while pregnant. And for that matter, taught not to get pregnant untill they're old enough to take the responsibility.
Johngo4
Beginner

Postby C'mon » Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:08 am

Yep...you're right on that Johngo4. Stuff happens though as we all know :roll: I'm male so my pregnancy has never been a concern but I would have given a shit if I had caused or been part of an unplanned pregnancy. I would have wanted to be a supporting Dad....there but for the Grace of God go I, ya know? :wink: Ya ever watch those daytime family issues type shows? The Father is rarely present.
C'mon
Beginner

Return to Other debates