Men vs. Women

Argue about anything under the sun, or over it or in it...

Men vs. Women

Postby Mike » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:03 pm

Alright we all know that men and women are different physiologically. And they release hormones in different ratios than men that can alter their behavior, that's a given.
But are women really different than men in our world? Are they really more innocent, less sexual, less barbaric? I believe the answer is no. In today's society regarding work and relationships I see women using the same tactics men are so often accused of by women. Sexual harassment I believe is equal, neither sex participates in it more than the other, but because women are perceived as weaker because of their physical nature they are automatically perceived as weak.

And as to relationships.... now days I hear about and see first hand that women are more apt to cheat on a man. Maybe this wasn't always the case because women were repressed back in the day, but now women are more wild than men. They are the players. They are the ones using sex to their advantage.

Anybody see where I'm coming from?
Mike
Beginner

Re: Men vs. Women

Postby damostat » Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:39 am

YES! Finally I can argue my sexism swap point! Okay, you're definitely right Mike, Women are no weaker than men in many respects and a large generalization has swept across the world. But, men now must treat women as if they are the weaker sex. It's bullshit. Decades ago, yes, there was sexism against women. There's no denying that. In fact, I'm sure it still goes on in the world. But! There has been a definite swap in the way the sexism has turned. Women have now turned against men on that accord. Plus, men are too afraid to fight back for fear of being sexist! They cannot say that it is "Revenge". It doesn't work like that. I think women should be able to do anything a man can but all of this feminism crap has to go. I think I should start a maleism group just to show that when you separate a gender, you create turmoil (don't think me hypocritical that I'm gay. I love the company of women). Yes we have feuds but they should not be this big.
damostat
Beginner

Postby Mike » Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:44 am

True that. It's kinda like having an all-black college, but then it's racist to have an all-white college. It's not racist to have a pro-black or pro-anything group but it is racist to have a pro-white group? What the fuck is that? And it would be sexist to have a maleism group just like damostat's saying
Mike
Beginner

Postby C'mon » Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:45 pm

Two words my friends...reverse discrimination. It's as evident as can be and if you're a white, able-bodied, heterosexual man...open wide 'cause you're gonna eat some shit. Before anybody takes that outta context and gets all bent outta shape let me say that my statement is not anti-anybody. I've said many times that I don't really care who or what anybody is or wants to be.
There was just an ad on TV for a business initiative for black people called "Black To Business"...can you imagine if I started one called "The Right To Be White"? Whoooo!! :lol:
C'mon
Beginner

Postby damostat » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:08 am

Mike wrote:True that. It's kinda like having an all-black college, but then it's racist to have an all-white college. It's not racist to have a pro-black or pro-anything group but it is racist to have a pro-white group? What the fuck is that? And it would be sexist to have a maleism group just like damostat's saying

The status quo. It's what people are so used to that if you do anything away from it then people start objecting. People automatically think you're starting another KKK group if you start an all-white college. It's a humanic mentality that's gotta go. I don't see why we need these separate groups anyway. We're all the same species arn't we? Vermin? Why can't we get along like good little rats? *sigh* I just don't get us.
damostat
Beginner

Postby C'mon » Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:04 am

Yup. If people are involved whatever it is wil be facked up. We're a messed up bunch. :lol:
C'mon
Beginner

Postby Mike » Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:30 pm

Well the combat role argument is not too strong although I do see what you are saying. There's women who would learn faster and better than me how to use a weapon that's no argument. But (this is not sexism at all I learned it in my college psychology course) women do have, on average, noticeably less depth perception than men. And I don't know if you have ever wrestled around with a girl or been punched by one, but they are naturally very much weaker than men. If you had any MMA training, like you will if you choose to join the military, you will quickly realize that when someone is much weaker than you and lighter than you, you will undoubtedly dominate them.
Mike
Beginner

Return to Other debates