Chastity?

Argue about anything under the sun, or over it or in it...

Chastity?

Postby damostat » Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:17 am

Okay, here's a little topic that confuses the fuck out of me. Chastity. What is the point in it? Why hold onto your virginity until you're married? It's just sex right? It's the friction and contraction of the muscles in your body that suddenly feels good and expels liquid. Nothing more. I mean, sure straight sex can cause pregnancy but there is such a thing as the condom people. Plus, if you don't have sex you have MORE of a chance of becoming pregnant instead of less. Gay sex is where it truly confuses me. I mean, of course homosexualism is against alot of religious morals but still, should that or could that still count under the chastity theme? Argue away.
damostat
Beginner

Re: Chastity?

Postby devilsadvocate » Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:33 pm

Its just stupid people with stupid ideas about moral values taking the high ground and telling other, ususally younger and more impressionable people what they should and should not do. That sort of thing really pisses me off. Then theres the catholics anti-condom stance which is quite frankly the stupidest idea in the world and is reason enough to bulldoze the vatican and declare catholocism an arrestable offence. People are actually contracting aids and dying of it because they are being told that if they use a condom they will go to hell. I mean what the fuck is that all about?!
I really dont see anything wrong with two consenting adults doing whatever the hell they like with each other. I dont care if theyre not married, dont care if they dont love each other, dont even care if they dont much like each other and will never see each other again. If they want to fuck each other then they should. Its nobody elses business. If someone chooses not to have sex because they think the act itself is somehow immoral then frankly thats their own stupid fault. Sex is why we are here, it is how we are here, it is every bit as natural as eating or breathing and its also bloody good fun so where is the problem?
devilsadvocate
Beginner

Postby curly-cherry » Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:46 pm

reason enough to bulldoze the vatican and declare catholocism an arrestable offence.

i dont really agree with this statement but i also dont agree with them saying that if u use a condom then u will go to hell. i think that waiting until your married is stupid but i also think that waiting until your at the legal age an waiting until you know exactly what the consequences are is a good idea. When people start bringing "self respect" into the concept then thats what annoys me..you can still have self respect when your having sex with your partners but when you go around having it with all sorts of random people thats when "self respect" goes out of the window. Religious views on this matter shoul not be inolved because if everything where down to religion the none of us would be here today.
curly-cherry
Beginner

Postby Johngo4 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:05 am

I'm 14. I really can't claim expertise in this matter, but I do want to say something. I am religous, and so I beleive in the sanctity of love. This is NOT the same as the sanctity of chasity. By this I mean that love is like the ultimate form of a relationship between two people. And marrige is just a way of making it sacred, as such. And, since sex is the pinnacle of love, how is it stupid waiting untill your married before you have it?

*sigh* And now will come the barrage of arguments and counter arguments, calling me idealogical and nieve most probably. But is it really stupid to follow your own beliefs? Is it really stupid to wait untill you are completely and utterly commited to someone before you have sex?
Johngo4
Beginner

Postby nunya » Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:14 pm

It's just sex right?

That kind of attitude is the reason why there are places which have divorce rates as high as fifty percent. We all see celebrities divorcing each other left and right in the media, but is this right? Pretty much everywhere we look on the internet there's something reminding us of sex. You tell yourself "Everybody's doing it," but is that a legitimate excuse? Is it right to treat women as mere objects of our desire?

I don't know about you guys but when I get married I wouldn't like my wife to have had sex. I know that it's very rare that something like this will happen but why should it be? I just think that nobody has the right to take that something special from me.

It's a challenge to make the right decision but when you do, you'll see that there's more to it than just sex.

If you're borred and you wanna watch something about chastity I recommend Jason Evert's videos on youtube.
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJwp0s60 ... re=related) He does add religion to it but I think he's a pretty good public speaker.
nunya
Beginner

Postby C'mon » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:58 pm

Hey Nunya...you say that you want your wife to be a virgin...how about you? Double standards can be ugly. In a perfect world we'd all have sex only after marriage and only be married once until we croak. In a perfect world.
C'mon
Beginner

Postby nunya » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:50 am

I'm 17 and yeah I'm a virgin. People probly think there's something wrong with me or something. There's nothing wrong but I just disagree with what sex has become. I just don't want to spend my life unhappy having a divorce every couple of years.

And it doesn't have to be a perfect world... It starts with those little things. When you don't give into peer pressure or simply tell your friends that it's just not right.

I know you think I'm like a nerd and I couldn't score if my life depended on it, but that's not true... (I'd like to tell you but I'd just seem conceited)

Whats your friends think really does rub off onto you so my suggestion is just choose your friends wisely. The old saying "Show me your friends and I'll show you who you are" is true after all.
nunya
Beginner

Postby C'mon » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:30 am

You're wrong my friend, I do not think there's "something wrong" with you at all. In fact, I admire your conviction and wish you good luck. I wish that I had made the same choice when I was your age. Don't get me wrong...I love "the act"...but livin' like a man-slut for the first 20 years of my life has complicated things at times. I've been in a dedicated, monogomous marriage for the latter 20 years and that's all good but sometimes lookin' back I ask myself why I carried on as I did. Not a big deal, but good for you! :D
C'mon
Beginner

Postby nunya » Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:55 am

Thank you for your support C'mon. It's rare to find somebody who understands.
I congratulate you C'mon because many people can't make the same commitment. I also wish you many more years of happiness to come. :)

I just like to leave a note (in general):
I didn't admit to being a virgin in order to appear superior or more self controlled than anybody (It's funny that I'm saying this since most people believe if your a virgin then there has to be something wrong with you). So please don't think that It's my goal to make people feel guilty and worthless. We all make mistakes and I also have my weaknesses. It's just that we need to learn from the mistakes of others and make decisions based on the greater good.
nunya
Beginner

Postby damostat » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:05 am

nunya wrote:
It's just sex right?

That kind of attitude is the reason why there are places which have divorce rates as high as fifty percent. We all see celebrities divorcing each other left and right in the media, but is this right? Pretty much everywhere we look on the internet there's something reminding us of sex. You tell yourself "Everybody's doing it," but is that a legitimate excuse? Is it right to treat women as mere objects of our desire?

I don't know about you guys but when I get married I wouldn't like my wife to have had sex. I know that it's very rare that something like this will happen but why should it be? I just think that nobody has the right to take that something special from me.

It's a challenge to make the right decision but when you do, you'll see that there's more to it than just sex.

If you're borred and you wanna watch something about chastity I recommend Jason Evert's videos on youtube.
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJwp0s60 ... re=related) He does add religion to it but I think he's a pretty good public speaker.

Hey woah woah wait, who said anything about women? I'm gay hun, I don't quite need them. Although, I do think people are right here. No matter what sexual orientation, you should at least be old enough to have a good understanding of the risks involved and be able to take the measures required to avoid them. An interesting thread I've started here yes?
damostat
Beginner

Postby nunya » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:22 am

I was only reffering to women because they're the typical victim. It's not that often that you see men getting raped on the news.

:? Not many other places to go. This is only active thread on this whole forum.
nunya
Beginner

Return to Other debates