Homeosexual Marriage in The U.S.

Argue about anything under the sun, or over it or in it...

Homeosexual Marriage in The U.S.

Postby suicide_turtle » Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:20 am

I'm all for it...I just think they shouldn't be allowed to get a divorce after they complained about not being able to get married for so long.

Hell, I wack it in the shower every morning - I deserve special rights. I should be allowed to marry my hand and claim it on my tax forms every year. Is that going to happen? I doubt it.

If two men or two women can get married, how come I can't marry two or three women? That is my sexual preference.
I want my rights damnit!

The point here is sexual preference should not give anyone the right to anything...except maybe an STD or two.

Argue away.
suicide_turtle
Beginner

Re: Homeosexual Marriage in The U.S.

Postby curly-cherry » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:17 pm

i personally think your view is really odd and quite disgusting.....if straight people can get maried then so can gay/lesbian couples HOWEVER i dont think they should have children because NATURALLY that is really wrong and unfair on the child but you know ......
curly-cherry
Beginner

Postby damostat » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:18 am

curly-cherry wrote:i personally think your view is really odd and quite disgusting.....if straight people can get maried then so can gay/lesbian couples HOWEVER i dont think they should have children because NATURALLY that is really wrong and unfair on the child but you know ......

Excuse me? Naturally? My sister is lesbian thankyou very much and she has raised a perfectly capable and thriving child. How exactly is it unfair? That they don't have both mother and father? Who gives a shit? Certainly not the child. She's been brought up with the fact that it doesn't need to happen and so she sticks by it. Nothing wrong. Oh and yes, gay marriage allowed please.
damostat
Beginner

Postby curly-cherry » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:19 pm

i wasnt saying that lesbian/gay couples wouldnt be good parents cos as u rightly just said your sister and her partner are...but my friends dad is gay and so is my other friends parents and they have issues....behavioural...attitude and get bullied about it and so i dont think it is fair on the child in the long run..
curly-cherry
Beginner

Postby damostat » Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:05 am

curly-cherry wrote:i wasnt saying that lesbian/gay couples wouldnt be good parents cos as u rightly just said your sister and her partner are...but my friends dad is gay and so is my other friends parents and they have issues....behavioural...attitude and get bullied about it and so i dont think it is fair on the child in the long run..

Why? Just because they have a few little problems and are teased about being gay? Wouldn't that teach the child more of how horrificly insulting the world can be and how to deal with it all? I think the kid would be experienced in the long run as he will know how to defend his life. Plus, we are all teased at school about something. There's no way around it. Just so long as they have good friends, there's no harm done. Make sure you stand up for your friend when he is teased. But from that simple example, it's no proof that it's worse off for the child. Make sure you watch "Penn and Teller: Bullshit" sometime with the episode on Family Values. It will open your eyes.
damostat
Beginner

Postby devilsadvocate » Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:39 pm

I dont understand why any gay couple would want to get married and endorse a religion that has been overtly anti-gay pretty much since it began. Frankly I would like to abolish marriage, religion and all that ridiculous nonsense that we all know is meaningless but wont get rid of because its 'tradition'.

On the other hand I am all in favour of gay couples being officially joined together in civil ceremonies or whatever. Hell, if a straight couple have to get stuck with each other their entire lives why should gay couples be any different?
devilsadvocate
Beginner

Postby damostat » Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:14 am

devilsadvocate wrote:I dont understand why any gay couple would want to get married and endorse a religion that has been overtly anti-gay pretty much since it began. Frankly I would like to abolish marriage, religion and all that ridiculous nonsense that we all know is meaningless but wont get rid of because its 'tradition'.

On the other hand I am all in favour of gay couples being officially joined together in civil ceremonies or whatever. Hell, if a straight couple have to get stuck with each other their entire lives why should gay couples be any different?

Well that's a point I follow frequently but because of government (AKA religion) you can be oppressed simply because you have not had that simple little ceremony (eg adoption, tax rates and so forth). It's true, abolishment of marriage would be lovely but it's not gonna happen so long as you have those religious nuts.
damostat
Beginner

Postby Misuriver » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:14 pm

suicide_turtle wrote:I'm all for it...I just think they shouldn't be allowed to get a divorce after they complained about not being able to get married for so long.

Hell, I wack it in the shower every morning - I deserve special rights. I should be allowed to marry my hand and claim it on my tax forms every year. Is that going to happen? I doubt it.

If two men or two women can get married, how come I can't marry two or three women? That is my sexual preference.
I want my rights damnit!

The point here is sexual preference should not give anyone the right to anything...except maybe an STD or two.

Argue away.

Lame. No more Fox News for you.
Misuriver
Beginner

Return to Other debates