SMOKING

Argue about anything under the sun, or over it or in it...

SMOKING

Postby MardyCow » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:34 am

Rather than ban smoking in public places, raise the age at which people can buy cigarettes, hide them under the counter and put them in blank, no frills packaging JUST BAN THEM COMPLETELY.

Don't allow anyone to buy cigarettes, don't allow anyone to sell them.

Simple really.

Discuss.
MardyCow
Beginner

Re: SMOKING

Postby curly-cherry » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:26 pm

yh i agree with you to a certain extent but i think that if people just stopped selling cigarettes people would turn to alcohol or even drugs....which would obviously be worse than smoking...but other than that im not sure what my view on this matter is sorry :S
curly-cherry
Beginner

Postby suicide_turtle » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:45 am

MardyCow wrote:Rather than ban smoking in public places, raise the age at which people can buy cigarettes, hide them under the counter and put them in blank, no frills packaging JUST BAN THEM COMPLETELY.

Don't allow anyone to buy cigarettes, don't allow anyone to sell them.

Simple really.

Discuss.

I think your favorite food should be banned. No questions asked.
I think you should clean the grout in my bathroom because I think you are a hazard to my health and freedom so therefore you should have to serve me because morally I think you should.
suicide_turtle
Beginner

Postby Kraizer » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:37 am

Here's why they can't be banned or even raise the age, It's about money, this is how it goes.

1. people make the cigs
2. Sell for profit
3. TAXES
4. If you need respritory help form the hospital, guess what? That's right even more money.
cons

1. Take away cigs people lose jobs.
2. More alcohol (like we really need that).

That's why they won't be banned,The pros out weigh the cons, if they can tax it it's legal, it's really sad actually.
Kraizer
Beginner

Postby adman » Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:16 pm

Just to give the opposite viewpoint.. Legalise all drugs. Whatever people want to do to their own body is their own damn choice. Its not up to some bloody government to tell me how to look after myself. They can by all means offer advice, do genuine research into the effects of various drugs and make the results widely available (not through newspapers, they talk utter shit in order to sell papers and have no interest in the truth whatsoever). If everything was legalised then alot of criminal/terrorist groups (including the Taliban) would lose a major source of their income, the drugs themselves could be carefully controlled to ensure theyre not cut with anything dangerous, they could be taxed similar to alcohol/tobacco and people who do have addiction problems would be able to seek help without fear of jail. Everyones a fucking winner.
adman
Site Admin

Return to Other debates