PRISON

Argue about anything under the sun, or over it or in it...

PRISON

Postby curly-cherry » Wed May 14, 2008 6:50 pm

firstly about prison is the way that people are getting put in prison for stupid things like having no insurance on ur car..when theyre are teenagers going round MUDERING people and getting away with it:@ secondly prisons themselves are better than being on the streets..they get t.v....games....A KEY TO THEIR CELL DOOR!! condoms....and more than they would be able to afford if they were on the street...prison isnt a punishment anymore is a hotel!!!

any views????
curly-cherry
Beginner

Re: PRISON

Postby madworld » Wed May 21, 2008 3:22 pm

lol I like it. Prisons where the prisoners have the keys. Maybe the idea is to save money by having the prisoners do the job of the guards. On the other hand I for one would rather live on the street than be in prison, I would much rather give up TV, consoles and all other material goods than give up my freedom. For anyone who thinks the same then prison will always work as a deterrent, for those that dont maybe the thought of a free hotel for life will actually encourage criminal acts.
madworld
Beginner

Postby damostat » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:26 am

Well, prison is an interesting subject. We know that it's supposed to be a deterrent but never is. We know it's supposed to rehabilitate prisoners but never does. The truth is, it can only ever do one but not the other. Have enough of a punishment within prison then yes, it will be a deterrent but the applicants within shall either be broken down or destroyed completely, therefore not allowing rehabilitation. Swap things around and simply have therapeutic or mental procedures within, then prisoners will feel welcomed. A change needs to happen, but before it does, we need to figure out what exactly we need to change! Expand ideas here people. We get enough strong evidence and combined ideas, something might happen. If not, argue with me some more. Your choice.
This has been a 15 year old, home, sick from school.
damostat
Beginner

Postby suicide_turtle » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:46 am

Prisons have been around since the dawn of mankind. They were instituted to keep criminal behavior (those who can't control their criminal tendencies) separated from the rest of society.

There is a small percentage of offenders that get "fixed" by going to prison the first time. I know several. Most keep revolving in and out for the better part of their lives. These types are never rehabilitated because they cannot be "fixed". There is no fix. There is only separation from the rest of us who desire to live free from their tyranny. If society as a whole has to pack those people up and keep them locked away then so be it. I prefer not to get robbed/murdered/raped/beaten whenever I leave my home.

BTW, at 15 years of age you really don't have a true concept of the real world. You have some theories and philosphy that you picked up from your 15 year old mates or "realized" while you were token' on your bong. Your attitude in the next 15 years will be drastically changed after you

A) Go to prison

or

B) Are a victim of a serious crime
suicide_turtle
Beginner

Postby curly-cherry » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:14 pm

FIRST OF ALL..IM 15 SUIICIDE TURTLE SO HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT BOUT SMOKING DRUGS AND WHATEVER THE FUCK ELSE YOU SAID....SOME OF US ACTUALLY CARE ABOUT THINGS GOING ON IN THE WORLD YOU MORON AND TO SAY THAT IS REALLY QUITE STUPID...ALOT OF 15 YEAR OLDS HAVE BEEN THROUGH THINGS THAT MAKE THEM GROW UP VERY QUICKLY SO DONT START SAYING WE KNOW NOTHING BOUT THE REAL WORLD AND SHUT UP.

BACK ONTO PRISON....i think criminals deserve to be punished and not treated like someone speacial wo just needs help cos alot of them dont want it and they are too stupid and self centred to care bout anybody trying to help them...the reason crime is getting worse is because they think that if they go to prision they will just get treated "special" and have a better life than outside.
curly-cherry
Beginner

Postby munchymunch » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:27 pm

suicide_turtle wrote:BTW, at 15 years of age you really don't have a true concept of the real world. You have some theories and philosphy that you picked up from your 15 year old mates or "realized" while you were token' on your bong. Your attitude in the next 15 years will be drastically changed after you

A) Go to prison

or

I don't think you have a right to judge other peoples knowledge about the 'real world' when you don't know them. I belive that some people at the age of 15 do have a great concept of the real world. you're judging him on the fact he's young. Don't just asume that every young person is on drugs. I think the views you hold of youth are very negative. yes fair enough there are plenty that arn't the best people in society and do go off and do drugs but do you think that someone on here aguing against about the state of prisions is like that. He may be very mature, you don't know whats happend in his life maybe he has be the victim of a serious crime its not only older people that are.
munchymunch
Beginner

Postby damostat » Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:45 am

suicide_turtle wrote:BTW, at 15 years of age you really don't have a true concept of the real world. You have some theories and philosphy that you picked up from your 15 year old mates or "realized" while you were token' on your bong. Your attitude in the next 15 years will be drastically changed after you

A) Go to prison

or

Trust me, I have a perfect idea of the real world. I know a person younger than me who should not have EVER experienced the real world so damn quickly. I am perfectly aware of what goes on and trust me, I have never nor will ever do drugs or take philosophies from my friends so readily (at least until I have some time to ponder them). What you stated was extremely rash and presumptuous.

Now, onto the subject at hand. It is true, prison doesn't rehabilitate all who enter but the purpose of prison itself is NOT to just hold people in there for all eternity. It is to keep the applicants at hand off of the streets until they can become a fully functional member of society. This is why they are known as "correctional facilities". It has and always will be a way to try and punish criminals but is also meant to "correct" the behaviour of said "wrong doers". Yes you are right, civilization should be safe but it almost never is these days. I do not think that if someone is "hard to handle" we should just kill them off or lock them up in a 10 by 10 room with nothing to do but count the divets on the wall all day. I may be young but I deserve this opinion.
Thanks to all support but I don't really need defense on my own behalf.
EDIT: I forgot to mention, what makes you think that I will go to prison in the next 15 years or will be victim to a serious crime? Are you implying that I am naturally a little hoodlum who wants to do nothing but skip classes and graffiti objects of local residence? If so I am greatly insulted.
damostat
Beginner

Return to Other debates