Regarding capital punishment

Argue about anything under the sun, or over it or in it...

Re: Regarding capital punishment

Postby C'mon » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:07 am

Geez Mike, does that mean that society is responsible for me and what I may do? You kinda classed me in with the "bad guys" there because it seems to you that hatred comes too easily to me. I agree that a percentage of them aren't in their right mind... "criminally insane" and yeah...look after them. I agree, always did...I didn't make it clear, though. There's even another (smaller) percentage that are not responsible because of mental incapacity...not "insane", but of the lower IQ range. Look after them too...I agree. The ones that get me screaming for their heads are the calculating, malicious and deliberate ones. It's not for revenge (unless we're talkin' about my loved ones again) it's not as a deterrant (for the sentenced) It's because I don't want themto do it again...in jail or out...I don't want them to be cared for on the taxpayers' collective back and I just don't think that sheer evil should be allowed to be personified for one minute longer than it takes to (absolutely) prove their guilt. We're not going to agree 100% on this one but I respect your opinion and your argument 100%. Also, for the record, I would never "egg my friend on" in that stuation. I would be supportive and protective and would do my best to help them get through it.
I do agree 100% with you that war is sadder. War is what makes people do things that they would never normally do and usually changes them forever. It's tragic. Some wars need(ed) to be fought, though. Some wars...not so much.
C'mon
Beginner
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:05 am

Re: Regarding capital punishment

Postby damostat » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:17 am

C'mon wrote:Sadistic? Do you realize the calibre of human that I'm talking about? I'm talking about the ones who are predators. The ones that plan and calculate and attack innocent people and rape, torture and kill them...especially the serial offenders. There would be none of that millions of dollars of court costs...if they're proven undeniably guilty, rush 'em to the chair! Don't feed 'em, and house them for 20 years and pay for their damn lawyers...that's your "cost to kill"...fuck that.
Innocent people would not be found undeniably guilty with today's technology. And please tell me what these people have done or could do to make up for their crimes? Your bleeding hearts are hemorraging...do something to control it quickly! I'm not talking about someone who steals a car or even mugs someone...I'm talking about truly evil animals. You cannot "make up" for what they have done. They are a threat to society.The longer we prolong their disgusting lives the more it costs. Once proven undeniably guilty, kill 'em. How about public beheading? Is that a little too rough for ya?
If I'mnot being serious? You arrogant little bleeding heart! If those ones you mentioned don't care if they die, why do you? Also, I don't believe that statement, either...they are the biggest cowards. They cry, they repent, they beg and they try to offer more evidence to prolong their sentence. All of that bullshit adds to your statistical costs. Your costs are bullshit...run 'em to the chair. The way it's done now is the time and money waster...speed it up!

You just don't get it do you? You can't just "Rush 'em to the chair". It doesn't work like that. I can see what you are trying to say but no, people who generally do what they do have a motive. Somewhere behind all that senseless violence is a reason and you need to find out what it is. Find it, exterminate it and they will be rehabilitated. Bleeding heart? No. I couldn't give a fuck for those shit-eating, genocidal fuck-heads. I know someone who has been raped - many times in fact. He's only 13. I know it sounds like a sap story but it's not. Now, every pedophile who ever laid a hand on him does not deserve to die. Know why? I would never stoop to their level. Torture them maybe but never kill them. Not everyone has a sick mind like you. If that's a "bleedin' heart" then I'll take it thankyou.
damostat
Beginner
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri May 23, 2008 10:24 am

Re: Regarding capital punishment

Postby C'mon » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:02 am

Now I have a "sick mind"? You just posted that you'd torture several people and I have a sick mind? I've got news for ya...we agree...point them out and I'll help ya. They deserve it. You mentioned a reason, a cause or a motive...yeah sure. I will say that studying their messed up heads may help to catch another one of them. So there's a reason to not rush 'em to the chair. The Hell of it is, though, they'll play that. They know that we need to know what makes 'em tick and that they need to be alive to do that. Most of them are incredibly intelligent. Rehabilitation is not going to happen, though....and let's say that your panel of shrinks work on this bastard for a few years (our bill) and they're so damn brillient that they declare him "rehabilitated"...what now? I'm talking about someone who's in the pen for the rest of their days...who cares if their rehabilitated? What good would it do? What end does it serve? You just cannot admit that someone so despicable deserves to die. We're not going to agree either because if there was a board deciding the fate of these people and carrying it out and I held the swing vote, I would look that miserable bastard in the eye and pull the lever. (Sorry 'bout the major run-on sentence. :roll: ) I'll bet you save moths if they get in your house...my wife does...she's a bleeding heart and disagrees with me on this too. Maybe the bleeding hearts like you and the "sick minds" like me keep somewhat of a balance.
C'mon
Beginner
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:05 am

Re: Regarding capital punishment

Postby Mike » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:59 am

Okay I can see your point of view, it's just that the last post was a little over opinionated so I fired right back. Let's just make it clear where you stand because its not tax-payers dollars, it's your opinion of what should be done. That's an opinion and can never be wrong. Disagreeable but never wrong. I know how you feel, but something inside me wants to take the peaceful road. Not saying that's always going to work out, I just feel that way. And never mind Damostat he's a little fourteen year old kiddie.
Mike
Beginner
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:28 am

Re: Regarding capital punishment

Postby C'mon » Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:42 pm

Yeah, I kinda thought that about Damostat...funny place for a 14 year old to hang out, but whatever. Me over-opinionated? :shock: Noooooo. :wink: This particular topic sure is a "hot button". I don't know if you other folks discuss this outside of here, but it certainly has come up several times here. No, it's not me who brings it up. :roll: The offenders that I'm referring to are the "super offenders"...if ya know what I mean. I don't want to behead everyone...maybe a few that piss me off in traffic but that's another topic. :lol: I also want to mention that I agree with what you said about pot...I'm not a smoker but I don't think that the people who are should be considered criminals.
Someone brought up pedophiles...can we talk about that? I suggest castration...manual, not chemical.
C'mon
Beginner
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:05 am

Re: Regarding capital punishment

Postby damostat » Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:08 am

Mike wrote:And never mind Damostat he's a little fourteen year old kiddie.

Excuse me? You're saying I don't deserve this opinion just because I'm 15(birthday a few weeks ago)? I am educated and have some sort of moral code. I shouldn't just be shooed away because of my age. I feel that to be unfair. This is an arguing website and so I have a right to argue, thankyou.
damostat
Beginner
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri May 23, 2008 10:24 am

Re: Regarding capital punishment

Postby damostat » Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:14 am

C'mon wrote:Yeah, I kinda thought that about Damostat...funny place for a 14 year old to hang out, but whatever. Me over-opinionated? :shock: Noooooo. :wink: This particular topic sure is a "hot button". I don't know if you other folks discuss this outside of here, but it certainly has come up several times here. No, it's not me who brings it up. :roll: The offenders that I'm referring to are the "super offenders"...if ya know what I mean. I don't want to behead everyone...maybe a few that piss me off in traffic but that's another topic. :lol: I also want to mention that I agree with what you said about pot...I'm not a smoker but I don't think that the people who are should be considered criminals.
Someone brought up pedophiles...can we talk about that? I suggest castration...manual, not chemical.

What you said before about me accusing you of having a sick mind, I find hypocritical too. I wasn't really thinking clearly that day and really the torture was only because of the sick shit I've seen people do to this poor kid. Castration? Not a bad idea. You know, call me sadistic but I think torture would do much better than a death sentence. People can handle the idea of death, but not of a life of extreme pain (see castration above). It might actually be a deterrent too. And hey, if nobody is with me on this then fine, I don't mind. I'm just having one of those days...
damostat
Beginner
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri May 23, 2008 10:24 am

Re: Regarding capital punishment

Postby Johngo4 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:31 am

Two important words. Human Rights, we ditch those, for anyone, and we're on the same level as people like hitler. Every person has a right to live, to not be tortured, to make a change in their lives. I don't give a shit for these people. But I don't want me or anyone else to descend to their level.
Johngo4
Beginner
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:14 am

Re: Regarding capital punishment

Postby Mike » Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:15 pm

I agree, well said.
Mike
Beginner
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:28 am

Re: Regarding capital punishment

Postby damostat » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:11 am

Johngo4 wrote:Two important words. Human Rights, we ditch those, for anyone, and we're on the same level as people like hitler. Every person has a right to live, to not be tortured, to make a change in their lives. I don't give a shit for these people. But I don't want me or anyone else to descend to their level.

Good on you john. Well spoken.
damostat
Beginner
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri May 23, 2008 10:24 am

Re: Regarding capital punishment

Postby Johngo4 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:25 am

Thankyou. Oh, and in response to what Mike and C'mon where going on about earlier, Isn't it odd that a 14 year old said it?
Johngo4
Beginner
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:14 am

Re: Regarding capital punishment

Postby Mike » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:51 pm

yes it is.
Mike
Beginner
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:28 am

Re: Regarding capital punishment

Postby damostat » Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:36 am

Johngo4 wrote:Thankyou. Oh, and in response to what Mike and C'mon where going on about earlier, Isn't it odd that a 14 year old said it?

Shutup john. You're 14 too. I shall see you at school tomorrow.
damostat
Beginner
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri May 23, 2008 10:24 am

Re: Regarding capital punishment

Postby Johngo4 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:15 am

Sorry, you misinterpreted me. My fault, badly worded answer :P. As in, I meant some 14 year olds have just as intelligent opinions as many adults. Not all of us, by any means, but still a fair number
Johngo4
Beginner
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:14 am

Re: Regarding capital punishment

Postby curly-cherry » Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:39 pm

I AGREE....however some teenagers like to act older than they are and i feel this is ridiculous
curly-cherry
Beginner
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun May 04, 2008 3:29 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Other debates

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron