Homosexuals (For or Against)

Argue about anything under the sun, or over it or in it...

Re: Homosexuals (For or Against)

Postby madworld » Wed May 21, 2008 3:30 pm

curly-cherry wrote:i dont beleive its a faulty gene i think its concious choice....yh thts it


Really? So are you saying you consciously choose who you find attractive?
madworld
Beginner
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:46 pm

Re: Homosexuals (For or Against)

Postby curly-cherry » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:46 pm

ok so maybe not a completely concious choice but i is certainly NOT a "faulty gene" that emplys that there is something wrong with homosexuals which there is not
curly-cherry
Beginner
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun May 04, 2008 3:29 pm

Re: Homosexuals (For or Against)

Postby suicide_turtle » Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:12 am

madworld wrote:
curly-cherry wrote:i dont beleive its a faulty gene i think its concious choice....yh thts it


Really? So are you saying you consciously choose who you find attractive?



Actually it does have a good bit to do with nurture.
Next time you are in the store buying food or some such, look at the magazine rack...
What did you see?
Magazines with people on the cover we are led to believe our whole lives are "attractive" or "beautiful".
I believe they call them stars; celebrities if you will.
If a person were to grow up seeing nothing but fat chicks (or dudes) on the tele or covers of magazines and told they are "attractive" or "beautiful" (stars), then that is exactly what they will see when looking at a fat chick (or dude).

Personally I dig women. I was brought up seeing the "hot" babes in swimsuits and on cable TV and those are the women that draw my eye.

I choose not to smoke pole or take it in the pooper because it just seems nasty to me - I'm willing to argue that if I was brought up seeing nothing but "hot" dudes on magazines and told they were the way to get laid I would probably be riding the bone pony right now...
suicide_turtle
Beginner
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:40 am

Re: Homosexuals (For or Against)

Postby C'mon » Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:49 am

Why Curly, did you choose which sex you're attracted to? :? I didn't, but I thank Gawd every day that I love women. :lol:
C'mon
Beginner
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:05 am

Re:

Postby damostat » Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:09 am

Dateeno wrote:Well i'm not implying that homosexuals dont have the choice, neither am i saying that they dont deserve the choice, however as my personal oppinion i do not agree.

Also when i used "Could" it is not that i have Doubt as i know for a fact that this has happened. However i used "Could" meaning that it is a possibility but not certainty.

And using your statement "Homosexuals have lower social skills" Once again i did not imply that all homosexuals are in this manor but i have known such people to have problems which are similar to my statement.

I have to agree that these symptoms are also located in any person and not just in homosexuals.

I would like to add that i have researched on the internet and that there is a certain theory that the up bringing of a child has more to do with his/her future tendencies than anything else in life, if its who they socialise with or how their parents are, all the behavior and nature of this person links back to how they were braught up, and this "could" (meaning a possibility but not a definate fact) relate to how gays gain their homosexuality.

After all these homosexuals are not born gay, they become gay after certain events in their life. Although alot of homosexuals still date woman because they are affraid to "come out of the closet" as they say, this also could relate to their tendencies

If you take two identical people, and place them at other sides of the world, Would they have the same personality? or the same attitude?

Evidence says no they wouldn't, and this is due to the theory of someones upbringing, therefore one of them could be homosexual, and other one may not. This being the case their is something in life, a series of events or a certain attitude of the area they live in that causes him or her to become homosexual and is not genetically transfered through genes or any kind of genetic tendency, homosexuality is purely caused by something in life or a cause of events etc ... and not a natural form or even a a natural decision, it is something that somebody "feels" and due to this it is not a decision anybody makes it is something that just happens .

The only point i can agree to is that homosexuals dont really get the decision to become gay or not, it just happens. Whether they reveal it or not however is completely their choice, but i still beleive that something in life causes somebody to "become gay" and it is most certainly not a natural feeling given by god, if it was a natural feeling then we would feel this way from birth, am i not right? otherwise it is a feeling that develops over time or a feeling that develops over events in a certain persons life.

For example, nobody feels Hate or anger, untill something makes them angry or somebody to hate, the same for hunger or thirst or happiness, its endless, the only way you develop a feeling is due to events that happen in someones life.



Okay, you have confused me beyond belief. This quote completely contradicts your first set of statements which say you do not believe homosexuals are ethical or natural. And yet right here you claim it is natural and that they don't have the decision to become gay and that it just "happens". Contradiction to being unnatural. I just wish to know why you give such a false argument towards a point that doesn't even exist. If we are unethical then why can we function just like a normal human being? If we are unnatural, why do so many species of animals do it too? The truth is, we're people too and deserve any right you have. We're simply attracted to our own sex. That's it. You make it seem like it's much bigger than that but it's not. Guys like guys. Girls like girls. End of story. I'm thinking that the only reason you argue it is because of personal disgust or distaste. Get used to it buddy. It's never gonna be banned and never gonna be gone.
Signed, a 15 year old, home, sick from school.
damostat
Beginner
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri May 23, 2008 10:24 am

Re: Homosexuals (For or Against)

Postby C'mon » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:18 am

It's not a concious choice, same as mine isn't. It is an uncontrollable "condition" which is not "normal"...it's a mutated gene. Obviously I don't give a shit about being politically correct and I call 'em as I see 'em, so you get used to and deal with that. I am not saying that homos are inherently bad people and I'm not bringing God into it...it just is what it is. Before someone jumps on me for my saying that it's not "normal" give yer head a shake and think about it. Our bodies are designed for compatability...one has the "receptacle" and the other has the "plug"...simple as that. I think that less people would pay attention to sexual orientation if they'd stop with the parades and the rest of the nonsense. If you want to smoke a bone, go ahead...I really don't care. In fact, it leaves more women for me, so have at it. OK, OK...you're here and you're queer...big deal. I'm thinkin' about organizing a hetero parade, just to even things up and let folks know that it's still OK. How do ya suppose that would go over?

Stop prancin' around and get to work. Let us ignore you so we can get on with our lives...be queer, who cares?
C'mon
Beginner
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:05 am

Re: Homosexuals (For or Against)

Postby damostat » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:18 am

C'mon wrote:It's not a concious choice, same as mine isn't. It is an uncontrollable "condition" which is not "normal"...it's a mutated gene. Obviously I don't give a shit about being politically correct and I call 'em as I see 'em, so you get used to and deal with that. I am not saying that homos are inherently bad people and I'm not bringing God into it...it just is what it is. Before someone jumps on me for my saying that it's not "normal" give yer head a shake and think about it. Our bodies are designed for compatability...one has the "receptacle" and the other has the "plug"...simple as that. I think that less people would pay attention to sexual orientation if they'd stop with the parades and the rest of the nonsense. If you want to smoke a bone, go ahead...I really don't care. In fact, it leaves more women for me, so have at it. OK, OK...you're here and you're queer...big deal. I'm thinkin' about organizing a hetero parade, just to even things up and let folks know that it's still OK. How do ya suppose that would go over?

Stop prancin' around and get to work. Let us ignore you so we can get on with our lives...be queer, who cares?



Hmm, you see, I like your type. The type who couldn't give a shit. Unfortunately, the reason we have these parades are for the people who do. As far as we're concerned, religion and government (which is almost the same thing these days) have made it their lives to try and stomp us out for reasons completely unknown. It's unfair and we don't deserve it. We're not evil and we're not trying to kill anyone so why bother? Just go fuck your wives while we fuck our husbands and just leave us alone.
damostat
Beginner
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri May 23, 2008 10:24 am

Re: Homosexuals (For or Against)

Postby suicide_turtle » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:37 am

damostat wrote:Hmm, you see, I like your type. The type who couldn't give a shit. Unfortunately, the reason we have these parades are for the people who do. As far as we're concerned, religion and government (which is almost the same thing these days) have made it their lives to try and stomp us out for reasons completely unknown. It's unfair and we don't deserve it. We're not evil and we're not trying to kill anyone so why bother? Just go fuck your wives while we fuck our husbands and just leave us alone.



I have left you alone - however I am FORCIBLY reminded how gay people are proud of it and deserve this or that.
You don't "deserve" shit, I agree with that completely. I keep my preference to myself on a daily basis. I don't have parades or act like a moron because I dig vagina. Get over yourself. You are not a unique butterfly...
When you grow a clue in your brain that all you have to do is act like all of the other ants on this mudball (i.e. shut your yap) maybe people won't want to "stomp you out".
suicide_turtle
Beginner
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:40 am

Re: Homosexuals (For or Against)

Postby damostat » Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:55 am

suicide_turtle wrote:
damostat wrote:Hmm, you see, I like your type. The type who couldn't give a shit. Unfortunately, the reason we have these parades are for the people who do. As far as we're concerned, religion and government (which is almost the same thing these days) have made it their lives to try and stomp us out for reasons completely unknown. It's unfair and we don't deserve it. We're not evil and we're not trying to kill anyone so why bother? Just go fuck your wives while we fuck our husbands and just leave us alone.



I have left you alone - however I am FORCIBLY reminded how gay people are proud of it and deserve this or that.
You don't "deserve" shit, I agree with that completely. I keep my preference to myself on a daily basis. I don't have parades or act like a moron because I dig vagina. Get over yourself. You are not a unique butterfly...
When you grow a clue in your brain that all you have to do is act like all of the other ants on this mudball (i.e. shut your yap) maybe people won't want to "stomp you out".

Hmm. A conformist. I think I just disliked you that little bit more. I do actually agree with you. The parades are too extravagant and just arn't a good idea as most pricks (like yourself) complain and make too big a deal of it. And what do you mean FORCIBLY? If all you homophobics were just that little bit nicer to us, then maybe we wouldn't HAVE to force our ideals and rights down your throat. Oh and by the way, you may not act like a moron in public, but alot of you fuckers act all "macho" while calling us the fags. A little hipocritical and in-the-closet of you don't you think?
damostat
Beginner
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri May 23, 2008 10:24 am

Re: Homosexuals (For or Against)

Postby C'mon » Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:27 am

I am not a homophobe...really, I'm not. I have gay friends and do business with people who just happen to be gay. They're a lot like me. They aren't marching in parades or wavin' any flags...we just "be". I understand why you're frustrated with government who tells hetros that if they live together for a certain amount of time in the eyes of the law they're married and yet homos cannot get that ruling...and want it. Again...I don't give a shit. If you're paying into any kind of benefit program you should actually benefit from it. I think that you're going about your whole awareness program wrong. We know you're here, we know you're queer and still...I don't give a shit. Guess what? I don't sign any law-making bills either. Bombarde those fuckers in control...have a frickin' "love in" on their government building lawns, but don't tie up my traffic or do the man-on-man public grope in front of my kids...Geeeez. For the record, I don't want any groping in front of my kids. Damn, it's not like there aren't any gay people in government. :roll: Get them to fix it up for ya...Geez, get with the damn program...we do it!! :lol:
C'mon
Beginner
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:05 am

Re: Homosexuals (For or Against)

Postby damostat » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:20 am

C'mon wrote:I am not a homophobe...really, I'm not. I have gay friends and do business with people who just happen to be gay. They're a lot like me. They aren't marching in parades or wavin' any flags...we just "be". I understand why you're frustrated with government who tells hetros that if they live together for a certain amount of time in the eyes of the law they're married and yet homos cannot get that ruling...and want it. Again...I don't give a shit. If you're paying into any kind of benefit program you should actually benefit from it. I think that you're going about your whole awareness program wrong. We know you're here, we know you're queer and still...I don't give a shit. Guess what? I don't sign any law-making bills either. Bombarde those fuckers in control...have a frickin' "love in" on their government building lawns, but don't tie up my traffic or do the man-on-man public grope in front of my kids...Geeeez. For the record, I don't want any groping in front of my kids. Damn, it's not like there aren't any gay people in government. :roll: Get them to fix it up for ya...Geez, get with the damn program...we do it!! :lol:

So you really think we just randomly start feeling eachother up? Why do accuse us of this when a) Heteros do it ALOT more frequently and b) we're not the sexual predators you think we are! You don't want us to have any sort of romantic interest infront of your kids? Go fuck yourself with a rusty pipe. Just because you feel uncomfortable infront of your offspring when a gay guy kisses another does not ever give you the right to tell us to stop. You tell them the truth about this sort of thing and let them be who they want to be.
damostat
Beginner
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri May 23, 2008 10:24 am

Re: Homosexuals (For or Against)

Postby C'mon » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:38 pm

Did I say random? I don't think so. I don't care if you are in a true love, committed relationship (hetero or homo) certain behavior in inappropriate in public, especially with kids present. I absolutely do not think that homosexuals are predators...there's a difference between homosexuals and pedophiles ya know. :wink: I also want to make it clear that I'm not a tight-assed prude...I like my nooky. :lol: I just prefer to go with the male-to-female fittings. I also want you to know that I do inform my kids and talk WITH them about all kinds of things. I'm talking about appropriate behavior in public...by everyone. I'm not threatened by you or your sexual orientation...can you say the same? 'Cause you seem threatened to me.

The rusty pipe thing? Naaah. That's not gonna work for me, but thanx for tryin' to fix me up. My wife won't let me date anyway and after 20 in a married and 100% monogamous relationship...I'd have to relearn some stuff. :lol:
C'mon
Beginner
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:05 am

Re: Homosexuals (For or Against)

Postby damostat » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:44 am

C'mon wrote:Did I say random? I don't think so. I don't care if you are in a true love, committed relationship (hetero or homo) certain behavior in inappropriate in public, especially with kids present. I absolutely do not think that homosexuals are predators...there's a difference between homosexuals and pedophiles ya know. :wink: I also want to make it clear that I'm not a tight-assed prude...I like my nooky. :lol: I just prefer to go with the male-to-female fittings. I also want you to know that I do inform my kids and talk WITH them about all kinds of things. I'm talking about appropriate behavior in public...by everyone. I'm not threatened by you or your sexual orientation...can you say the same? 'Cause you seem threatened to me.

The rusty pipe thing? Naaah. That's not gonna work for me, but thanx for tryin' to fix me up. My wife won't let me date anyway and after 20 in a married and 100% monogamous relationship...I'd have to relearn some stuff. :lol:

Hahaha, fair enough then. No I'm not threatened by your orientation, just arguing like I'm supposed to. Speaking of which, I'd like to know if there have been any homosexuals that you have seen personally "getting it on" infront of your kids. Trust me, even I think that's inappropriate. But come on, kissing? That shouldn't be too bad, it's just compassion for eachother. If you don't like it, just ignore it. You don't have to embarrass them or yourselves by interrupting them. If they want to kiss, let them. If they're fucking eachother, THEN'S the time to act.
damostat
Beginner
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri May 23, 2008 10:24 am

Re: Homosexuals (For or Against)

Postby Mike » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:21 am

I've always wondered about homo sexuality. I've not had much of a chance socially to ask someone who's gay about this because I don't want to put their personal preferences on the spot. But Damostat you seem open to talk about it. I don't know whether you're really homosexual or not because you tend to mess with most of the people on this site.
But in either case I want to see your response.
There's a few different possibilities I believe that explain homosexuality.
1) Nature of course
2)Nurture
3)Conscious decision
4)Hormone deficiencies related to physical and emotional environment

I have a hard time believing nature is the cause of homosexuality because C'mon survival of the fittest. Gays aren't really going to reproduce (I'm not trying to be a jerk.
Nurture sounds most likely, because the way we raise children is vital to their adult life, and gays and straights could believe this is nature because they were too young to be aware of the effects of their earliest upbringings.
Conscious decision doesn't sound very likely, because I can't fathom all the sudden deciding to get freaky with another dude. And I'm sure homosexual men can't fathom getting all the sudden freaky with a woman.
Hormone deficiencies sound likely as well. I don't know what would cause that but hormones undoubtedly play a huge role in our behavior. Especially sexually.

I'd like to know what you believe most likely even if its an alternate explanation. And have you ever felt attracted to a woman? Or is it like there is not even the slightest sexual feelings toward women?
Mike
Beginner
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:28 am

Re: Homosexuals (For or Against)

Postby damostat » Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:03 am

Mike wrote:I've always wondered about homo sexuality. I've not had much of a chance socially to ask someone who's gay about this because I don't want to put their personal preferences on the spot. But Damostat you seem open to talk about it. I don't know whether you're really homosexual or not because you tend to mess with most of the people on this site.
But in either case I want to see your response.
There's a few different possibilities I believe that explain homosexuality.
1) Nature of course
2)Nurture
3)Conscious decision
4)Hormone deficiencies related to physical and emotional environment

I have a hard time believing nature is the cause of homosexuality because C'mon survival of the fittest. Gays aren't really going to reproduce (I'm not trying to be a jerk.
Nurture sounds most likely, because the way we raise children is vital to their adult life, and gays and straights could believe this is nature because they were too young to be aware of the effects of their earliest upbringings.
Conscious decision doesn't sound very likely, because I can't fathom all the sudden deciding to get freaky with another dude. And I'm sure homosexual men can't fathom getting all the sudden freaky with a woman.
Hormone deficiencies sound likely as well. I don't know what would cause that but hormones undoubtedly play a huge role in our behavior. Especially sexually.

I'd like to know what you believe most likely even if its an alternate explanation. And have you ever felt attracted to a woman? Or is it like there is not even the slightest sexual feelings toward women?

Hahaha, yes you're right I do mess with a few people on this site but really it's the internet. Nobody knows who I really am and if I piss a few people off it's all in good spirits.
Now, to answer your question, I don't believe any of these situations are correct. I believe that it has absolutely nothing to do with the way you're raised or a gene out of place. It's love. It's who you love the most and who really stays in your heart. Second question: Ever since the age of about 12 or so I felt I was forced into this heterosexual lifestyle and I didn't enjoy it at all. I found that I was constantly forcing myself to like women, even though I had no real attraction to them. Who I really loved and really enjoyed the company of was other guys. It was just natural for me. I always grow angry with people who say it's unnatural and unethical as it used to make me feel like I was worthless and stupid for going down this road. I'm now 15 and understand the fact that they can hate me all I want. They can argue their point all they want. I'm still gay and nothing they say can change that. I'm also gradually realising that arguing against them has no point either. This is because they argue for 2 reasons. Politically or religiously. So I never bother.
But to really answer that last question, yes, of course I've felt sexual feelings towards women! I enjoy the female physique as I feel it unique and rather pleasurable. But really, I could never imagine myself going out with one. Never. I would miss the male side of things too much and quite possibly feel uncomfortable. After all, I'm a teenager. I can get turned on by a piece of falling masonry for god sake. I think when I'm a fully grown adult, that sexual feeling will slowly dissipate and leave me with my homosexual side.
damostat
Beginner
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri May 23, 2008 10:24 am

PreviousNext

Return to Other debates

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron