Why British TV News Is Sh*t

Films, Tv, books, music, theatre, the arts.

Why British TV News Is Sh*t

Postby furyrider » Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:04 pm

I watch the news for one thing, the news! But somehow the pruducers seem to think the British public want more than just the news. here is a list of all the things that News programs do that really P*ss me off.

1.The music: WTF is the news not top of the pops, why is it so dramatic?
2. Pointless news : i.e ' bob was punched in the face ', that's not news!! what's going on around the world!?
3. Trying to be clever using puns ect. : a small, light aircraft crashed and was suspended in mid air twisted in power lines and the news reader said, ' now reporting is nick to see why the pilot was hanging about ' then he smiles looking really pleased with himself. I don't give a F*ck
4. The overkill of the word ' exclusive ', I don't give a crap if it's an exclusive story, just give me the news! I don't care if you had to travel through saddams rectum to get the story.

and much more...
what do you think? do you also think that the news is just too cheesey and too glamorous?
furyrider
Beginner

Re: Why British TV News Is Sh*t

Postby LucyEur » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:03 pm

jon snow and jeremy paxman rock though.. more of those types...
LucyEur
Beginner

Re: Why British TV News Is Sh*t

Postby adman » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:22 pm

Paxman just looks more and more fed up every time I see him now, get the feeling he'd rather be doing anything but interviewing another politian. Can't say I blame him.
adman
Site Admin

Return to Media