Is this music?

Films, Tv, books, music, theatre, the arts.

Re: Is this music?

Postby Alexander » Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:57 pm

We should have a campaign blasting heavy metal until rap dies out.
Alexander
Beginner

Postby thatkiddownthestreet » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:55 pm

Of course there should be no restrictions on what you can say in Music! Music is an artistic expression, and should be protected as such. Plus, you don't have to buy or listen to it if it offends you.

And to those of you that say rap is crap, I'd like to say that you are too closed-minded. Rap is a great and powerful genre of music. I admit that there are some rap songs made that should never had been conceived in the first place, but ever genre has that kind of garbage somewhere. It has some of the most beautifully crafted lyrics made, even if some use a degree of profanity. And not all rap is not about gangsters and violence. There are some songs, like " 'Till I Collapse", "I'mma Shine", etc., that express messages of not giving up, and suceeding in life. Rap is an amazing genre in its own right!
thatkiddownthestreet
Beginner

Postby Ted » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:57 pm

Not the type that I'd listen to it, but yes; it is music. We all have different opinions on what "good music" is. To be honest, there is no such thing as "good music". It's not a valid term, because different people amount to different insights.
Ted
Beginner

Postby rockironwebb » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:40 am

I have been a drummer for twenty years and I mostly like heavier rock music, however, I like any music that sounds good to be. Being a drummer it is very automatic to listen to the beats and overall music track of a song before I listen to lyrics. I love when I hear a great hip hop song that has a kick ass beat track as well as good lyrics. I rarely hear any hip hop like this anymore. I think it is a damn shame that some people out in the music industry are making money from what is obviously crappy music. I wonder what it is like to just be a puppet monkey with no talent and get paid for it?
rockironwebb
Beginner

Previous

Return to Media