Talent competitions

Films, Tv, books, music, theatre, the arts.

Re: Talent competitions

Postby damostat » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:07 am

Mike wrote:Actually Damostat what we have with these talent shows competing for ratings is a giant money making machine, it's great for the economy of a country. It takes nothing and makes money out of it. Relax, I'm beginning to think you're one of the kids that got made fun of at the school talent show, lol. Just kidding, don't throw a temper tantrum. And don't cut yourself either, you're probably one of those young Emo teens. And no I'm not anything you're going to claim I am... so save your breath.

Haha, that's a laugh. Me, Emo? Please. You would not believe the amount of pity I feel for those wastes of space. Why should I hang around being all depressed when I could get out there and do something with my life? Besides, Emo is a hanging trend that shouldn't even exist anymore. What it actually stands for is Emotional Hardcore which was a style of music that died out veeeeery quickly in the 80s. And why should I be bothered to insult you? It's the internet. It kinda wipes off with a laugh.
damostat
Beginner

Postby Mike » Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:08 pm

Ah Damostat you are very different from post to post. While I am an asshole in all of them.
Mike
Beginner

Postby damostat » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:28 am

Mike wrote:Ah Damostat you are very different from post to post. While I am an asshole in all of them.

Actually I don't consider you an asshole Mike. You're an interesting person with some very valid arguments. But yes, I do differ in different posts. This is because (like I've said before) I feel different everyday and therefore will act differently,
damostat
Beginner

Postby Johngo4 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:21 am

In theory, talent shows are perfectly reasonable. They're a way for genuinely talented people to show their, well, talents on a national stage. However, the minute you introduce untalented people into the mix, it all goes kablooie. The same thing happens when you add Simon Cowell.
Johngo4
Beginner

Previous

Return to Media