Shite bands

Films, Tv, books, music, theatre, the arts.

Shite bands

Postby madworld » Sat May 03, 2008 3:13 pm

Whats with all the terrible fucking bands around at the moment? Fucking Kooks and Fratellis and all those other talentless clones of each other. Indie my fucking arse!I thought the whole point of Indie bands was that they came up with something different. Ok it may not be to everyones taste but at least they should try not to just be another pointless bland non-entity with the same fucking sound as everyone else.
madworld
Beginner

Re: Shite bands

Postby curly-cherry » Sun May 04, 2008 3:32 pm

hi..im agree to some level...most bands these days call themselves indie and its just cos they can play a guitar but cant actually sing or do anything else useful and they are just trying to get money quick...SOME of the recent day bands have some very good songs but i still prefer people who u can actually understand the words they are saying....yh :P
curly-cherry
Beginner

Postby munchymunch » Sun May 04, 2008 3:46 pm

I actually quite like bands such as, the fratellis, they do come up with some good songs and if they didn't i doubt the majority of people would go out and buy their music. Just because its not ur style dosen't mean it "shite". Indie is just another genre, its just like how alot of rap or r&b and all other genres sound the same within themselves, (if u know what i mean). although i do agree that there are some new "shite" bands its not becuase of there indie its just because its not to my taste.

so thats. my point

:D
munchymunch
Beginner

Postby madworld » Wed May 21, 2008 3:43 pm

Absolutely true, theyre not shite because they are indie, they are shite because they call themselves Indie and end up sounding like a bloody boy-band. At least those awful pop groups like N-sync, take that etc didnt go around pretending they were something they werent. They were shit, dont get me wrong, but they never claimed to be part of the genre that has spawned some of the greatest music ever recorded.
madworld
Beginner

Postby damostat » Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:30 am

Well this is an argument forum right? We can argue what bands are shite or not. GOOD BAND Red hot chili peppers CHEAP FUCKING KNOCK OFF BAND Fall out "fuck-me" boy. Christ I hate the generic sound these days. Bands like FOB and My Chemical Romance want nothing but to create as generic a sound as possible so that they don't have to do too much damn work, just change the lyrics slightly, add some new notes and slap on a new title. Bring back bands like the Jimi Hendrix Experience! It's true he's dead now but nobody ever bothers to make anything as original as that! Although to try and compete with Jimi is where you fail instantaneously. Please, if you are going to go into the music scene, mix it up once in a while! Try to sound new and exciting but don't stay the same over and over again. It's boring and repetitive. Now if you will excuse me, I'm going to go listen to Pink Floyd and weave cannabis into my shorts to make it a fashionable narcotic-wear. I hear hippie is back in these days...
damostat
Beginner

Postby Mike » Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:26 am

Yeah wtf is up with today's music being the same old shit over and over and over, music began to get good in the 50's and then hit its prime in the 70's/80's but in the 90's it started to fade out. Don't get me wrong, there are some songs every once in a while that are awesome, but shit the music back in the day music was phenomenal, almost all of it.
Mike
Beginner

Postby C'mon » Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:47 pm

Yep. Mike you and I could probably listen to tunes all day long. :lol: It's incredibly hard to be "original" in music...I mean, there are only so many notes that can be played in so many ways and there are only so many ways to say "I love you" or "fuck off, I hate you"...but it can be (and is) done. Some bands are nothing more than a product of their label so that another label doesn't have that market cornered. Sometimes the music they play isn't even what the players want to play...but hey, it does get them livin' their dream. The term "Indie" , I think, began in reference to the music played and quickly evolved into referring to the label.
Hey Mike, as far as new bands go what do you think of Hinder? Not bad, huh? That "Lips Of An Angel" tune is a damn good one. 8)
C'mon
Beginner

Postby Mike » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:02 am

Yeah Lips of an Angel. Love that song. Got it as the ringtone for my gf. Haven't looked to much into Hinder though I should have.
Mike
Beginner

Postby C'mon » Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:54 pm

Daughtry has some good tunes too...as another new artist. Back to American Idol...that guy who won, David Somethingorother, seems to be really good. Given the right songs and production team, that guy has great potential. He's got that rockin' edge that I like. 8) I could list bands and artists 'til the cows come home that I enjoy but that's not the purpose of the thread. I like something from just about all genres, but classic rock is definately my "comfort zone". The "hair metal" of te 80's could get added onto the tail end of that catagory...for me anyway.
C'mon
Beginner

Postby Mike » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:33 pm

Def Leppard, Motley Crue, Kiss, AC/DC, Van Halen, Guns'n'Roses, .38 Special, Eddie Money, Foreigner, Nirvana, Ratt, Poison, Warrant, Whitesnake, Journey, Boston, Billy Squire, Judas Priest, Sammy Hagar, Ozzy, Ronnie James Dio, Skynyrd, Tool, Scorpions, Peter Frampton, Steve Miller Band, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, The Police, U2, Jackyl, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, CCR, Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band, Genesis, Steeley Dan to name a few. Everybody's heard of all of them, but if you listed off this many modern groups not a chance in hell.
Mike
Beginner

Postby C'mon » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:55 pm

Looks like a playlist that I would have. You're right about the newer stuff too. Gawd, the best "new" music are covers and remakes anyway. The most important thing to remember is that Girls got rhythm... 8) Heh,heh.
C'mon
Beginner

Postby Mike » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:40 pm

Back seat rythm
Mike
Beginner

Postby damostat » Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:21 am

C'mon wrote:Daughtry has some good tunes too...as another new artist. Back to American Idol...that guy who won, David Somethingorother, seems to be really good. Given the right songs and production team, that guy has great potential. He's got that rockin' edge that I like. 8) I could list bands and artists 'til the cows come home that I enjoy but that's not the purpose of the thread. I like something from just about all genres, but classic rock is definately my "comfort zone". The "hair metal" of te 80's could get added onto the tail end of that catagory...for me anyway.

Hmm, I enjoy 80's music too for some bizzare reason. Perhaps it's because the music FUCKING ROCKS! Red Hot Chili Peppers in the day Hillel Slovak was still alive. That was a good time for all. Though I can't say I like alot of mainstream, popular bands from 80's like ACDC or Kiss, I do still love the old style and music. Then again, Pink Floyd was popular and I love them. Ah well, to each his own eh?
damostat
Beginner

Postby Mike » Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:51 am

True that. It's just a matter of how you can relate to the music.
Mike
Beginner

Postby average_dude126 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:38 pm

as i guy who sits neither 1 way or another, think we should remember that it is your personal inclination to music that makes you like it or not. that sed i think we, the lovers of bands should be focusing on the popular music that is forcing bands into decline, anyone whos ever been to a gig knows theres nothing that compares to a guy improvising on the instrument of his selection, i pisses me off the amount of people who get away with pressing play on a pre recorded and heavily rehersed solo on a syth and calling it improvisation, people say it sounds good but theres no skill to it, my favourate bad has been around since the late 90's, they have pushed the boundries of what its possible for humans to hear and made its sound epic, and all because they are 3 mates in a BAND!!!! :twisted:
average_dude126
Beginner

Next

Return to Media