Worlds worst Film!

Films, Tv, books, music, theatre, the arts.

Worlds worst Film!

Postby madworld » Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:09 pm

As you can probably guess from the title this is where I get to slag off my most hated of films. Actually hate is probably rather a weak word in the circumstances, I consider it not only an insult to my backside being forced to sit through such mind-numbingly unfunny material, but an utter disgrace that I opened my wallet and paid to view all 93 minutes of this crap at the local cinema.
The comedic value was somewhat less than zero, there was no attempt at doing anything that hasnt been done 100 times before and all in all there was a complete lack of inspiration, care, thought, acting ability, jokes or anything that could possibly lead me to believe that this was anything other than the most rubbish film in existence.
I am speaking of course, about the rather innacurately named Epic Movie. A comedy without a sense of humour, a spoof without a brain and a film without any actors.
Having said all that I have found myself in possession of 'House of the dead' on dvd which I suspect may make a good case for worlds worst film when I get round to seeing it..
madworld
Beginner

Postby aceofspades » Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:08 pm

Maybe not the worst movie ever made but my current most hated move is Independence Day, that unbelieveably over-patriotic, pro-america, pro-war, pro-stupidity soulless, humourless god-awful film about how great americans are and how pathetically useless the rest of the world is.
Im not anti-american per-se and i realise that it is a flilm made in america but i just could not believe how insigniicant the rest of the world is made to look. Is that really how americans see everyone else? Just some sort of half arsed collection of stereotypes sitting around waiting for the good old U.S of A to save them?
Thats without even getting into the ridiculous plot (flying to the mothership in an alien craft to upload a virus?! please..).
I truly do hate this film.
aceofspades
Beginner

Re:

Postby Moloko's Pet » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:52 am

aceofspades wrote:Maybe not the worst movie ever made but my current most hated move is Independence Day, that unbelieveably over-patriotic, pro-america, pro-war, pro-stupidity soulless, humourless god-awful film about how great americans are and how pathetically useless the rest of the world is.
Im not anti-american per-se and i realise that it is a flilm made in america but i just could not believe how insigniicant the rest of the world is made to look. Is that really how americans see everyone else? Just some sort of half arsed collection of stereotypes sitting around waiting for the good old U.S of A to save them?
Thats without even getting into the ridiculous plot (flying to the mothership in an alien craft to upload a virus?! please..).
I truly do hate this film.

Now here's where subjectivity comes into play. I had ID in my all-time top ten, and thought it was extremely realistic. Especially the bit with the virus.
Moloko's Pet
Beginner

Re: Worlds worst Film!

Postby damostat » Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:21 am

Worlds worst film or film series? Saw. Mindless violence with no recognizable plot line or any significance to real life whatsoever. The most boring 4 movies of my entire fucking life. Good thing I only saw half of the first one before I fell asleep being bored out of my fucking mind. Please, when making a film, have a goddamn story line!
damostat
Beginner

Postby Mike » Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:29 am

Worst movie of all-time, probably Sister Act, or something with Keanu Reaves in it. Best movie of all-time Braveheart.
Mike
Beginner

Postby damostat » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:32 am

Mike wrote:Worst movie of all-time, probably Sister Act, or something with Keanu Reaves in it. Best movie of all-time Braveheart.

True, Keanu Reeves is fucking awful but not so awful in A Scanner Darkly. I mean, of course still awful but not as awful. Best movies of all time for me is a range.

Hard Candy (NOT the madonna album thankyou.)
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Pulp Fiction
The Butterfly Effect

Anyone agree with those on my list?
damostat
Beginner

Postby Mike » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:26 am

Pulp Fiction:hell yeah
Butterfly Effect: hell yeah
haven't seen the others though.

I like Braveheart and the Lethal Weapons too. I know that seems like some sort of macho thing but it's not.
Mike
Beginner

Postby damostat » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:38 am

Mike wrote:Pulp Fiction:hell yeah
Butterfly Effect: hell yeah
haven't seen the others though.

I like Braveheart and the Lethal Weapons too. I know that seems like some sort of macho thing but it's not.

Nah it's not. I'm gay and I like those movies too. But make sure you see Hard Candy and ESSM. Both beautiful films in their own way. Well, not Hard Candy. That's alot more sadistic but still damn fine. You know Ellen Page? The girl from Juno? She stars as the main when she's 13-14.
damostat
Beginner

Postby Timmeh » Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:19 pm

borat - meaning less, stupid and pointless. End of!
Timmeh
Beginner

Postby aceofspades » Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:16 pm

I have to say Im not a big fan of Hard Candy, seemed very much like the whole idea of it was to make a film that people had to like or they'd be branded paedophiles and reported to the news of the world. Im very much a believer in there being a proper legal system for dealing with anyone who commits any sort of illegal activity and while the system may not be perfect its a damn sight better than having some 14 year old girl luring dangerous paedophiles into a trap and getting them to commit suicide. I just dont get the point of the film? Are they trying to turn young girls into vigilante paedo hunters? Are they saying its ok to enjoy watching this guy get tortured since he deserves it? At least with the Saw films they dont try to hide the fact that its all just about blood and gore, They're sort of a horror film version of Jimmy Carrs standup routine, done purely for shock value with no real content, imagination or lasting value.
aceofspades
Beginner

Postby damostat » Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:20 am

aceofspades wrote:I have to say Im not a big fan of Hard Candy, seemed very much like the whole idea of it was to make a film that people had to like or they'd be branded paedophiles and reported to the news of the world. Im very much a believer in there being a proper legal system for dealing with anyone who commits any sort of illegal activity and while the system may not be perfect its a damn sight better than having some 14 year old girl luring dangerous paedophiles into a trap and getting them to commit suicide. I just dont get the point of the film? Are they trying to turn young girls into vigilante paedo hunters? Are they saying its ok to enjoy watching this guy get tortured since he deserves it? At least with the Saw films they dont try to hide the fact that its all just about blood and gore, They're sort of a horror film version of Jimmy Carrs standup routine, done purely for shock value with no real content, imagination or lasting value.

The ultimate fact is...it's a movie. It's a movie that's intense enough to get you thinking. Every movie has some sort of thing that you described. How about Saw hmm? Saw might encourage a mechanic to make wicked machines and little dolls in order to torture and kill people. Shouldn't the law be involved in that too? Just stop thinking about the influence for a second and get behind the true meaning. Every little bit of reasoning that the teenager has is much like many teens have these days. I should know, being one. I loved the film just for the intensity and the conversation being shot back and forth between both pedophile and teenager. Plus, it actually had a STORYLINE. Something Saw lacks entirely. I'm not saying you have to like it, just don't talk about influence. It is R18 after all. Expect it.
damostat
Beginner

Postby aceofspades » Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:41 pm

Dont talk about influence? Why not? A film like that is going to influence people isnt it? Much more than something like Saw which has no real underlying message whatsoever. Its likely to make people think about what the rights and wrongs are of taking those sorts of actions and in my opinion the film seems to be suggesting that it is ultimately a good thing that the girl did what she did which is something i disagree with. I appreciate the fact that it gives the viewer something to think about but I disagree with the way it encourages a vigilante justice system.
aceofspades
Beginner

Postby theshoalinstyle » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:58 am

the worst movie ever is Street Dreams by rob dyrdeck
theshoalinstyle
Beginner

Postby theshoalinstyle » Sat May 01, 2010 11:18 pm

damostat wrote:
Mike wrote:Worst movie of all-time, probably Sister Act, or something with Keanu Reaves in it. Best movie of all-time Braveheart.

True, Keanu Reeves is fucking awful but not so awful in A Scanner Darkly. I mean, of course still awful but not as awful. Best movies of all time for me is a range.

Hard Candy (NOT the madonna album thankyou.)
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Pulp Fiction
The Butterfly Effect

Anyone agree with those on my list?

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is the greatest movie ever. I'm usually don't get that into love stories, but its not just a love story. Its a kind of a romance/sci-fi/comedy-drama. That is my favorite movie ever. Pulp Fiction is also one of my favorites.
theshoalinstyle
Beginner

Return to Media