New Zealand Politics.

'If I was in charge things would be different...'

New Zealand Politics.

Postby Johngo4 » Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:28 am

I'm putting this one up half as a joke, as I only know of one other person who will know anything about this on the site. But in any case, fighting a point you know f all about Is arguing at its most enjoyable. More to the point, National is looking set to win and the school system is going to get even crappier than it already is. And we'll most probably be going nuclear by next year. Hooray for middle right wing.
Johngo4
Beginner

Re: New Zealand Politics.

Postby damostat » Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:35 pm

I don't think this really affects us John. We're 14 and 15. To argue anything would ultimately be flawed and pointless. And hey, just as an off topic kind of thing, what would be so bad about going nuclear?
damostat
Beginner

Re: New Zealand Politics.

Postby Johngo4 » Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:56 am

Well, firstly, of course it affects us. It pretty much defines if we can afford university, whether our parents can afford to put food on the table that won't give us lead poisoning, and wheter we'll still be allowed to eat pies at school. Ok, maybe that was an exaggeration (except for the pies), but it still definitely affects us.

And going nuclear would mean that we'd need to get rid of the waste, something you can't safely do unless you ship it to the moon. And to do that, you'd require large ammounts of fossil fuels, defeating the purpose of going nuclear in the first place.
Johngo4
Beginner

Return to Politics