Thoroughly original thoughts on Griffins Question Time

'If I was in charge things would be different...'

Thoroughly original thoughts on Griffins Question Time

Postby madworld » Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:12 pm

Having now seen BNP leader Nick Griffin on Question Time after all the controversy and hype beforehand I have to say it was a bit of a let-down. He came across as being rather out of his depth and just a bit of a dick, I had hoped for so much more. The other panellists were largely to blame for this, turning every question into a new attack on Griffin, putting words into his mouth and generally doing everything they could to blame him for all the evil in the world. There was no attempt at meaningful political discourse and the end result would have made me feel slightly sorry for Griffin if he wasnt a completely racist fuckwit. Why couldnt they just treat him like any normal politician, ask him proper questions and allow him to hang himself with his pathetic fascist ideas instead of constantly attacking him with supposed quotes he may or may not have said 10 years ago?

Demonising him like this can only work to his advantage in playing the plucky British underdog fighting the political elite and their corrupt ways. While the few interesting facts that actually came out will only serve to greaten the distaste for him among the better educated middle/higher classes (his appearance alongside a Klu-Klux Klan leader at a rally, and complete ignorance of historical facts to name two) his appearance and his subsequent complaints about his treatment could well cause more working class people to look at the BNP in a more sympathetic way.
madworld
Beginner

Return to Politics