Fox News

'If I was in charge things would be different...'

Fox News

Postby Misuriver » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:06 pm

The problem with Fox News isn't the bias (even though their slogan is a clear example of false advertising. People have sued for less), it's the out and out lies. It's their constant divisive language meant to do just that, divide. Now MSNBC is beginning to follow along the same ridiculous path (even though Olbermann is hilarious, it is still not helpful. Maddow is probably the only innocent bystander), Fox News is still the worst. Ever since the Daily Show and programs like it have started to become popular, actual news programs take it upon themselves to give their own opinions. Fine, but where they fail is the overwhelming amount of misinformation, quote splicing and just plain old lies that they use.
If you don't believe me, which many of you won't, I'm not going to try to convince you otherwise. That is not my job. I'm not a journalist. My blogs are purely for entertainment purposes. An actual news program does not and should not have the same privileges. Their job is to report objective news, not to tell us what to think. Otherwise, what is their purpose? My parents went to newspapers and television news sources to be told the truth of what is going on in their world. They didn't want to be told how to think. Why is it okay for my generation to deal with this slant against our intelligence?
The sad part of it all is that it affects those of every background, age, race, etc. Maybe this is a governmental conspiracy, or maybe it's just the fat cats realizing that Americans are easily duped. Be sheep no more. Say no to the biggest perpetrators of this crime against our psyches, Fox News. All others will fall into place once we've made an example of them.
Misuriver
Beginner

Re: Fox News

Postby relizabeth » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:01 am

Is the snubbing of Fox News his part of reaching out to the other side of the aisle with Republicans? Obama claims to be someone who would work with Republicans and reach out to the other side. Yet he refuses to do any interviews with Fox News or any other news media that wants to ask him hard questions.

Postby JackAfter6 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:07 pm

The idea that Fox News is biased is the universal proclamation of every liberal on the planet. What are the facts however? According to The Center for Media and Public Affairs in a study of the 2008 election: http://www.cmpa.com/releases/07_12_21_Election_Study.pdf

Who’s Fair and Balanced?: Fox News Channel’s coverage was more balanced toward both parties
than the broadcast networks were. On FOX, evaluations of all Democratic candidates combined were
split almost evenly – 51% positive vs. 49% negative, as were all evaluations of GOP candidates – 49%
positive vs. 51% negative, producing a perfectly balanced 50-50 split for all candidates of both parties.

On the three broadcast networks, opinion on Democratic candidates split 47% positive vs. 53%
negative, while evaluations of Republicans were more negative – 40% positive vs. 60% negative. For
both parties combined, network evaluations were almost 3 to 2 negative in tone, i.e. 41% positive vs.
59% negative.

isn't it funny that the only truly fair and balanced news organization is seen as biased by nearly all liberals? They just aren't used to hearing a story from the viewpoint of someone without a liberal agenda.
JackAfter6
Beginner

Postby DeathDreamer16 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:55 am

Misuriver wrote:The problem with Fox News isn't the bias (even though their slogan is a clear example of false advertising. People have sued for less), it's the out and out lies. It's their constant divisive language meant to do just that, divide. Now MSNBC is beginning to follow along the same ridiculous path (even though Olbermann is hilarious, it is still not helpful. Maddow is probably the only innocent bystander), Fox News is still the worst. Ever since the Daily Show and programs like it have started to become popular, actual news programs take it upon themselves to give their own opinions. Fine, but where they fail is the overwhelming amount of misinformation, quote splicing and just plain old lies that they use.
If you don't believe me, which many of you won't, I'm not going to try to convince you otherwise. That is not my job. I'm not a journalist. My blogs are purely for entertainment purposes. An actual news program does not and should not have the same privileges. Their job is to report objective news, not to tell us what to think. Otherwise, what is their purpose? My parents went to newspapers and television news sources to be told the truth of what is going on in their world. They didn't want to be told how to think. Why is it okay for my generation to deal with this slant against our intelligence?
The sad part of it all is that it affects those of every background, age, race, etc. Maybe this is a governmental conspiracy, or maybe it's just the fat cats realizing that Americans are easily duped. Be sheep no more. Say no to the biggest perpetrators of this crime against our psyches, Fox News. All others will fall into place once we've made an example of them.

Haha ur Brian Griffen. Fucking idiot.
DeathDreamer16
Beginner

Postby Alexander » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:02 pm

Well I lived in Mexico and I have yet to see something in Fox news that is wrong about that topic. They might not agree with the Mexicans demands and with good reasons, but its the only objective news channel on the subject so far. And if you want to see right wing listen to talk radio. You very be sure Fox news is balanced!
Alexander
Beginner

Postby dougie777 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:00 am

I just watch the news from other countries where they believe all americans are idiots. :D
dougie777
Beginner

Return to Politics