The big bang blew itself up...

So who is this God person anyway?

The big bang blew itself up...

Postby bluefire427 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:46 am

Well, the big bang theory is that all of the matter that ever existed or will exist was once compressed into something 'bout the size of an eraser.
#1 where did this matter come from in the first place?
#2 how is it possible that trillions upon trillions of atoms managed to squeeze together in such a small space?
I ask you, where is the proof that we live in a finite universe when the common theory is that the universe is both infinite and finite?
Why is this the commonly accepted theory?
Why do scientist put so much stock into theories when science is based strictly on proven fact?
bluefire427
Beginner

Postby Mike » Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:12 am

Nobody is going to be able to answer that philisophically for you. But your questions do have theoretical answers. It's not like scientists thought, what the hell, let's just say it was a Big Bang. Do some research, because it is very likely that the Big Bang took place, and nobody can prove what really happened whether we like it or not.
Right now though, no offense, we shouldn't be focusing on the beginning of time when we haven't devoted enough of our time to the present.
Mike
Beginner

Postby bluefire427 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:37 pm

But how can we know where we're going if we don't know where we've been?
bluefire427
Beginner

Postby Mike » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:34 am

Tusche

The same way a baby sea turtle knows where it's going when it hatches, lol, jk.
Where did we come from? A womb. Where are we going? We are going to die.
All I'm trying to say is that, the beginning of our universe doesn't rank too high on our social priority list at the time being. We should probably stop war before we explore.

Here's an analogy:
You awaken in a mini-van on a trip. You might wonder where we are going and you might wonder where we are leaving, but if your brother is burning you with a magnifying glass that's your first priority. Because even if you want to, you can't completely control where your parent is taking you, but you can atleast make the trip enjoyable.
Mike
Beginner

Postby bluefire427 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:43 pm

would you have all the troops on the battlefield fire at the same troop?
obviously not.

In the same way there are more than enough people to work on multiple problems. So, it may not be high on the social priority list as a whole, but to an isolated number of individuals, it may be completely different.
bluefire427
Beginner

Re: The big bang blew itself up...

Postby Dateeno » Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:56 am

bluefire427 wrote:#2 how is it possible that trillions upon trillions of atoms managed to squeeze together in such a small space?

there are billions of atoms floating in the air, it doesnt take much to compress atoms ... however i beleive in the Big Bang theory there MUST have been a trigger... Something to start it... also if you take into consideration einsteins theory

"Every action has an equal and opposite reaction"

Therefor something must have caused this bang.... but what?

I agree in that science is based up solid evidence, facts.

But when there is no such proof there is nothing else to do but guess, or gather as much information as possible.

When a star exploads, first it implodes, the structure of the planet collapses in on itself crushing (Squeesing or compressing) the planet into a tiny space, the equal and opposite reaction is the EXplostion, which causes the planet to burst into thousands of particals and known as shooting stars etc...

This could explain how it started.

For example say there is one planet, a trillion times bigger than any other planet known to now..

When that planet final has its last day, and emploads, the reaction would cause an explostion causing thousands , millions , billions etc.. parts of the planet to scatter everywhere... These "could" be known as the planets we know today..

I personally do not beleive in this theory but i beleive it is more likley than "God" created us in 7 days....
Dateeno
Beginner

Postby leegao » Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:14 am

Has anyone considered a moderating view in this.

Let's go back to the early 18th century. I presume everyone knows who Issac Newton is. Well, the Great Synthesizer not only put the universe in a mechanical view, he also created or rather promoted a little branch of philosophy called Deism. Here he came up with this concept known as the clockmaker theory.

In short, the Universe is in parallel with other universes. They can be analogously compared to little watches. Now, there's a clock maker, God, who makes all the clocks. After that he turns them on and goes and makes another clock. You see, after the initial creation, the divine force never intervenes with that universe, this fits perfectly with the mechanical model and guess what, most of the 18th - 19th century philosophers became deists.
leegao
Beginner

Postby Dateeno » Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:06 pm

I have not heard of this theory untill now but i will have to check up as i have no knollege in this :D

I thought Issac Newton only discovered Gravity lol, shows how much i know
Dateeno
Beginner

Postby leegao » Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:49 pm

Newton's awsome, he actually discovered the laws of universal gravitation and inertia through his mechanical model of the universe. See, Newton didn't really discover Gravity, it was first explained by Galileo as a centripetal force . He also used Keplar's law (which if you look closely at the 3rd law it's the same thing as Newton's law of Universal Gravitation) and many other's. From there he only concluded that the Universe was mechanical and is self-sustaining. Thus it's natural that he would come up with the Deist ideology.
leegao
Beginner

Postby madworld » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:34 pm

I'm sure I heard from somewhere that alot of the most renowned scientists throughout history were pantheists, ie they didnt believe in a God separate to the Universe but rather that the Universe itself is God. This stands to reason since the universe is infinite, there is no 'outside of the universe' for any God to exist in. The only alternatives are that God either exists within the universe, in which case he is not all-ecompassing, or that God and the universe are the same.
madworld
Beginner

Postby damostat » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:27 am

Actually numb nuts, science is not based all on truth. It's based on theories and then trying to prove them. The big bang is merely a theory in what is a vast repertoire of scientific questionables. The reason they say that the universe is both finite and infinite is because there was another theory struck up when they were searching the skies. The universe is really a dodecahedron wrapped around itself in the sense that if you travel a certain while in one direction and finally reach its limits, you'll still be in the same space but end up back at the opposite side. Did you ever play Asteroids? Just like that. Go out one way, come back in through the other. Like I said, it's just a theory. Science is full of em. This has been an argumentative 15 year old.
damostat
Beginner

Postby Mike » Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:49 pm

Why do you keep using your age in your argument... your losing your ethos.
Mike
Beginner

Postby Gaamblore » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:01 am

This is probably the best evidence for God and creation. When you eliminate the impossible whatever remains no matter how unlikely must be the truth. It is impossible for an explosion of shit to just come out of nowhere for absolutely no reason for that it is there. So either "it just happened" which has no logic behind it at all. Or god made it and designed and watched over life. When you add god it simply solves the problem.
Gaamblore
Beginner

Postby Alexander » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:17 pm

The reason they believe it was all put together in one tiny ball the size of a pea is because the universe is expanding, so they just reversed time and believe this is what happened. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHVLSMAJmPg
Alexander
Beginner

Postby Sorren12 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:03 am

I know no one has posted here for a while but I'm new to this website.

Yes, science is based on theories. For example: Einstein's general theory of relativity, and Copernicus's theory of heliocentrism.
Just because something has a label of "theory", don't immediately discredit it.

So unless anybody disagrees that the universe is expanding we can start from there.

The universe is expanding at an ever decreasing rate. This is because of the effects of gravity. The fact that dark matter was "tacked on" to this theory (video from Alexander's post) afterwards is not because scientists thought "Hey! This will explain it!", it is because it was discovered, and it actually fit with the original theory, making the model more accurate. Yes, you cant see it, but you can measure it, to a degree, and you can observe the patterns of light around it, making it obvious where it is. Anyway, with the models of how the universe is expanding, and the rates, we can trace it backwards, to the point of the big bang.

Now I'm no theologist, but isn't god supposed to have always existed? Or did he "just happen"? (read previous post by Gaamblore) We can trace the big bang to a logical starting point, we just can't see any further back. How do you logical come to God? Isn't it just as likely that that tiny little hot dense pack of radiated atoms was always there, just even more infinitesimally small, or that the big bang just happened?
Sorren12
Beginner

Return to Religion