I want to expand on my knowledge about the world

So who is this God person anyway?

I want to expand on my knowledge about the world

Postby Rawness » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:51 pm

Where to begin? What books to read? Links? I want to begin to know the basic structure of the universe, in terms of chemicals and atoms, physchis and chemistry, logic and math.
I want to build some kind of foundation that will give me a deeper understanding of the universe then I have today, so in short i want to know what to do to become educated in these issues.
It seems appropriate if one is atheist to know the basic assumptions that science has.

Feel free to give me any advice. Physics, chemistry, logic and math, and anything that can expand my understanding (expect lsd and shrooms, or any weird sect thingie) :o
Rawness
Beginner

Re: I want to expand on my knowledge about the world

Postby theshoalinstyle » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:57 pm

Taking some college level astronomy courses would be the best start. I'm about to finish an introduction to astronomy course this semester, and it really was the most interesting course I've ever taken. Astronomy covers a lot of physics as well. The introductory course I took gave a taste of the formulas and the physics aspect of astronomy, but mainly focused on known facts and theories about the universe.
theshoalinstyle
Beginner

Re: I want to expand on my knowledge about the world

Postby theshoalinstyle » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:04 pm

Also check out these documentaries by Carl Sagan (One of the most famous astronomer's of our time). http://www.hulu.com/search?query=dr.+sagan&st=1. If that link doesn't work, just go to hulu.com and search Dr. Sagan or Cosmos. The entire Cosmos series is on hulu and these videos will blow your mind.
theshoalinstyle
Beginner

Return to Religion